Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Is it Italian?

So I have 2 cymbals I cannot ID. They are great cymbals. Both are 18", gloriously thin and the sound is fantastic. Hard to describe but it's not like a Zildjian or a Paiste...it's got it's own vibe. This has me thinking Italian but there is no marking to indicate that. There is only ink stamps of THIN and CRASH.....Any ideas?

Posted on 10 years ago

Sure looks like a A zildjian to me......The ink is tell tale

Posted on 10 years ago

Zildjian same, ink tells. they could be many different brands actually most have a stamp. there could have been a time where the factory was not tooled up to do this or they just never stamped them. even ufip has a stamp.

Posted on 10 years ago

How common is it for a Zildjian to not have a stamp, not ink, but an embossed stamp? There's nothing on these 2. I've never seen a Zildjian that didn't have a stamp.

Posted on 10 years ago

in last reply I meant whatever factory produced these cymbals they didn't or was not using a stamp at that time. on second thought the ink is upside down on the cymbal. and I have seen ink on some other cymbals. but the letters look zildjian. I think zilco, ajian, and many more Turkish cymbals all had stamped logo,s. so I see your point. sorry don't know what they are. all I know is what they could be. the tooling looks zildjian. so maybe early Canadian built ones.

Posted on 10 years ago

from the lathing it looks to be a 70s Canadian made zildjian..

I have a 70s Canadian 16" crash that is my fav / and from the last pic...

it looks to be the same..

take it outside & if you wear glasses, put them on..lol

look for the logo...itl take a while..but its there..

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 10 years ago

Rims and skins is right. I found a zildjian new beat hat in a used cymbal stack. Wasn't till I got it home and used a flashlight, that I found the stamp.

Posted on 10 years ago

Ok...they are Zildjians...made in the USA. I had to hold the cymbals almost level with my eyes and look across them to see the stampings.

So anyway....I have 2 of the greatest Zildjian thin crashes I've ever heard. I guess I really hadn't had the opportunity to play anything older than late 1970's Zildjians before. I'm guessing these are 1960's or early 1970's?

Posted on 10 years ago

I had a Zildjian with a hard to see stamp. Funny, because I could hardly read it at all with my eyes, as it seemed that part of it had been buffed off or was never that deep. I took a picture of it and saw twice as much as I had seen before. Somehow the lathing interfered with it.

Posted on 10 years ago

Now that you found stamps, can you upload pics of them for inspection?

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here