Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

inverted cymbal

I recently purchased a set that included an old Tama ride cymbal. The cymbal seems to be "inverted," flaring up instead of down. Were cymbals actually sold like this once, or was it sat on. If it's not normal, how do I spring it back to it's former state?

Posted on 14 years ago

Without pics, I could only guess that you've got a pang/swish instead of a ride.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Tama cymbals were usually thin brass. It could really have gotten inverted.

If so....OK, now you gotta just do this with no qualms or hesitation:

Take the cymbal at 2 opposite edges, hold it firmly in your 2 hands, and pop it back into it's original shape.

It'll work no problem....99% of the time.....:)

The first time I saw someone do it was when I took a 1940's K. Zildjian paper-thin crash.....to local merchant Sam Adato. He held it, and as I was asking him "so...how do we go about dealing wi-"

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]SNAP ![/FONT][/SIZE]...Mind Blowi

I swear ta' gawd....he had to peel me off the ceiling afterwards.....:o[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

I've had a few of those, I found it easier to set the cymbal on soft carpet ( to undo what has been done, bottom side up ) and gently step on the bell of the cymbal. And yes, as Jaye said, you do get a "Snap" or "Pop" when it goes back into shape.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here