Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Instanbul 20" ride from mid 1980s

Hi,

I'm thinking of selling this cymbal that I bought from a Turkish student at the Berklee College of Music back in the day. It's pretty thick. It's got a great bell and signatures from Mehmet and Agop. Handmade. Big Instanbul label. What would a cymbal like this be worth? It's in great condition. I'm thinking it's more for a rock player than jazz, I dunno. A beautiful sound.

Posted on 9 years ago

Here I've uploaded a few pictures. Is this cymbal considered Vintage? Is it worth more than a couple hundred dollars. I've had it for more than thirty years, but would be willing to part with it for the right price. I feel like it is a work of art.

3 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Here are a few better photos of 20" Instanbul ride.

Posted on 9 years ago

OK, now a few better pics!

2 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

That's what we call the "spraypainted" logo. If I remember correctly that's the second ink logo which came after the Zilciler (or Zilcier or Zildjiler-- the spelling seems variable) ink logo which got them in trouble with Zildjian when they first appeared in the USA (1984?). Mid 80s anyway. I had a Green Logo one from the pre split days and was interested in them.

These don't seem to get much price love, perhaps because of their tendency to be fairly heavy. If it were 1900g or less maybe it would get to $260 if it is excellent condition, but if it is over 2300g then the most likely price range is $100-$180. This is based on around 20 sales I've recorded over the years.

Posted on 9 years ago

Again. I am impressed with your knowledge of cymbals. You have identified the approx. year this cymbal was made. I'm curious why you suppose people don't like the heavy cymbal? (Don't get me wrong, it is thick and heavy, though the sound is rich.)

I do want a lighter cymbal because I'm playing more jazz these days and backing a singer. But i could imagine this cymbal sounding good for some loud music.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here