Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Info.on Kashian Cymbals??

Hello,does Any Know Anything About These Cymbals...i Think At One Time These Were In Slingerland Drum Catalogs In The 70s??...i Picked This One Up Over The Weekend,, For Only 5.00 Ducks At A Sale...its A 22" Ride[[heavly]] And Sounds Great...thanks Mike

Posted on 16 years ago

You are not alone, Mikey. I have one too. It sounds just like a Zildjian and would be great for jazz players

Posted on 16 years ago

I own a pair of 15 inch hi-hats made by Kashian !! Im gonna probably sell them later on down the road . They sound NOTHING like zildjians to me Violin

Posted on 16 years ago

[COLOR="Sienna"]They were made by UFIP from the '60's-80's.

Although they were sold as an intermediate-budget line, they are pretty dang good cymbals, actually...B20 alloy, handworked, and substantial.

they are nice eFlay "sleeper" cymbals...can usually be bought for cheap.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 16 years ago

I just picked up a 20.5" Kashian ride! OOOOOHHHH MAN!!!! It sounds sooooo sweet! Like a thin 50s-era Zildjian.

Just braggin'...

Yes SirYes Sir

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Awesome Clapping Happy2...yes, the better ones are very Old-Avedis-esque.....congrats...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi, Everyone ,my name is Ed or Slingerland 1959,,I started playing drums in 1976 and still like like it! There are a lot of great drums out there ,but my all time favorite has to be Slingerland! They are known for the big deep sound.A few years ago stores were selling them,now they seem to vanish from stores! Does anyone know if they still are being made?I also have an ebay store and alot of times I have drums and cymbals and stands for sale,,Here is my store name if you like to look.It is eeopts,Also I have videos on youtube just type ebay Eddie plays the drums and enjoy the videos..I heard a drummer say one time and I say the same thing he said,it go,s like this,,,I,m not the best drummer,,and I,m not the worst,,Anyway I just bought a UFIP KASHIAN 18 crash ,,I hope it sounds good when it comes in the mail,,Last I hope I can find a Christain rock band to play in,I was in a lot of Christain rock bands back in the 80,s and early 90,s.I want to learn to play jazz but it,s very hard being a right handed drummer.I don,t know any right handed drummers ,but Joe English.

Posted on 12 years ago

From slingerland1959

Anyway I just bought a UFIP KASHIAN 18 crash ,,I hope it sounds good when it comes in the mail,

You mean to say, you talked me down to 30 bucks, with 14 dollars shipping coming out of that.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

Kashians, seem to have typical 60's-70's Ufip quality to me. I bought UFIP cymbals brand new in the late 60's because they were very inexpensive , when compared to A and K Zildjian---but they came well recommended. Kashians are basically the same cymbals, just branded for Slingerland and ink stamped Ajahas are also, just branded for Gretsch. I believe Pasha are too.

When it comes to cymbals , reference points are very important. I can listen to K's for a week and then all of a sudden UFIPS sound odd. If I do the opposite , then the K's sound odd. It doesn't happen that way with other lesser cymbals. I think it just goes to show ,how good the UFIP made cymbals are. They can hold their own.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here