Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Identity of slingerland snare

Hello to the forum. This is my first post, I'm Chris Bray

I was wondering if anyone could help with the identity of the following drum I have purchased from the vintage drum centre. It is from 1964, is a black diamond pearl finish, 3ply shell, rapid strainer, 8 lug (I think they are sound king lugs), chromed brass hoops (sound edge model).

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Chris, it sounds to me like a Slingerland Hollywood Ace model snare drum. Good luck with it. Phil C. Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago

Thank you very much. Do you or anyone else know whether it has the deep vintage snare beds?

Thanks Chris Bray

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi Chris, no problem! Turn the Drum over and check at each end where the snare strainer and butt plate are and there should be a groove shaved into the reinforcing rings, shaped like a half moon. If your drum has these, those are the deep snare beds. Post a pic of your Snare! Phil C. Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago

Cheers phil. It does have the snare beds! If I had a digital camera, I'd post a picture, but it is on this site anyway, Its under snare examples, slingerland, and its the only one in black diamond pearl (i can't seem to copy and paste the image for some reason).

Thanks again

Chris

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here