Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

identify a slingerland snare

howdy skin wackers identify a slingerland snare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just joined. Ken in Vancouver BC. Hi to everyone. I wish I had found you sooner. I have purchased a Slingerland snare on the assumption that it was a Radio King. I am having my doubts. It has 3 ply mahog. shell, no muffler and the hoops are stick choppers held down with clips rather than holes thru the rim. It looks exactly like the student model on the identify your drum page except it has a Niles badge no serial #. It is stamped with a big P and 1964 inside shell.

I am looking for info on tone quality of Slingerland Student Model drums.vis-a-vis Radio King. Specifically how "woody", "fat" or "warm" they are. Do'es anyone know how to optomize these qualities ie. best heads to use other than calf. May be a good sounding drum. Thanks for any info.

Posted on 17 years ago

6 or 8 lug

Which drum is it on this page. Click Here look at the last set of catalog scans

and see if it is there

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks David It has 8 lugs. It looks like the 1960 student snare in the pix. Ken

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here