Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

ID Slingerlands

Hello everyone, I am trying to id my slingerland set so that I can ascertain an asking price for them. The badging is football, black on brass, niles, I believe this would indicate 1963-1969. Serial #'s are 56398, 56372, 58931, and 68119. Standard 13" 14" 16" toms and a 22" bass. One of the problems I'm having is the finshes available for that period are all pearl or sparkle. I have not been able to find a wood finish in that time frame. The nearest finish I can find is called cherrywood laquer, which was first illustrated in 1979. The inside of the shells are sprayed an off-white to beige color over all lug mounting bolts and washers as well as the inner flange of badging. I'm not sure on the correct language, but I believe the lugs would be similar to what is referred to as "bread and butter". Anyone with any insight ? I would appreciate hearing from you ..........Thanks.........Warren

Posted on 15 years ago

I would say if all of the interior parts are painted over, then the finish and interior are not original and someone refinished them.

Can you send us any photos?

David

Posted on 15 years ago

hey David ........I'm not really sure how to get the photo's into this forum. If I had an e-mail address I am capable of forwarding the photofile. Thanks ........Warren

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey David. never mind the blond moment I have your e-mail. I will send photos out today Thanks again.........Warren

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here