Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

ID Help!

14" New Beat HH Top and Bottom

20" Avedis Ride

16" Avedis Crash

The stamp on the crash is pretty week but I think I can make out the 3 dots. It is much thinner then my Zildjian K. How should I get the TAPE off the crash?

Thanks, You guys are amazing!

Posted on 13 years ago

The ink stamps put the Hi Hat in the '82-early 90's.

Posted on 13 years ago

Get your fingernail under the tape and peel it right off !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

From OddBall

Get your fingernail under the tape and peel it right off !!

You probably have not tried to take tape off a cymbal that's been there for 20 years. While the tape itself may come off easily, it often leaves a very thick residue that is very difficult to remove without using an abrasive or harsh chemicals. Its especially difficult if you don't want to disturb the patina.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 13 years ago

Looks like Gaffer's tape, which isn't nearly as bad as many other types of tape. I would try some sort of oily substance to get he tape off; maybe WD40?

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Green"]WD is not a bad suggestion....you could also get some Goo-Gone...that works pretty well and doesn't disturb the patina...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="Green"]WD is not a bad suggestion....you could also get some Goo-Gone...that works pretty well and doesn't disturb the patina...[/COLOR]

The only problem with goo gone, assuming it does adversely affect the metal is that it can leave its own oily residue that can be easily removed with a little detergent.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here