Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

I.d. Help Needed Please

I've been doing a little inventory of some of my excess drum gear that I'm going to be selling and came across this particular cymbal.

Unfortunately, I've received contrasting opinions as to the date it was manufactured. I'm hoping that one of you experts out there might be able to help me out.

The cymbal is 17 inches and weighs approximately 3 pounds (1.36 kgs?).

It's the only 17 inch cymbal that I've got. I'm wondering if this size is somewhat unique?

THANKS in advance for your time and your help!

Posted on 14 years ago

Looks like a 70's stamp

From the Zildjian site.

[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/PapaJourney/thinstamp300.jpg[/IMG]

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 14 years ago

OldSchool's cymbal is from the late 1950's. The one pictured here from the Zildjian site is from the early 1970's.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

OldSchool's cymbal is from the late 1950's. The pictured here from the Zildjian site is from the early 1970's.

This is exactly what's been the issue with this one, as stated in my original post -- one individual believes it's from the 70s, while another believes it's from the 50s.

Prior to listing it for sale, I'd like to be certain as to what I'm actually selling.Hmmmm

Posted on 14 years ago

And 17" isn't unique, but it is less common that 16" or 18". All the odd sizes were less common. There were fewer of them made, but there doesn't appear to be any compelling reason for why they would be less demand that the even sizes. Personally I like the odd ones.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here