Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

I.d. Help And Value Of A.zildjian

I'm helping an acquaintance of mine who might be selling this cymbal in the immediate future. It's either a 15" or 16" A. Zildjian Thin Crash.

Can one of you experts out there confirm the approximate date of manufacture based on the pics that I've posted? Any input as to what might be a reasonable asking price would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on 12 years ago

gary

thats a hollow inl logo zildjian. ive heard as early as mid 70's and as late as early to mid 80's. these are usually great rock cymbals. i own a complete set myself and love them for that style of music.

i would figure 60-75 if a 15 and 75-100 if a 16.

mike

Posted on 12 years ago

Yep, Hollow ink. Called such, because the logo is not colored in on the bottom (Hollow).

These went from 1977-1983.

I know for sure they couldn't have been any later than 1983, because I have Louie Bellson's "The Musical Drummer" VHS Tape that was recorded and released in 1984 (one of, if not the first, DCI Instructional Videos). His A. Zildjians on that tape have the "block lettering" with a colored in logo on top and a large colored in logo on the bottom. FYI, the block lettered A's went from 1984-1994, until Zildjian started using the laser engraving for each cymbal with a unique ID number.

I would also say $75-$100 is a fair asking price.

Posted on 12 years ago

With the lowercase o in Co in the stamp, I would put it earlier in the ranges given above as the later ones had an uppercase O in CO in the stamp.

Scott

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here