Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

I.d. And Dating Info Needed

I picked up some cymbals with a couple vintage kits I recently purchased. Some I'm keeping and some I want to move ASAP.

However, prior to offering any of them for sale, I want to make certain that I'm aware of the respective I.D.s and date of manufacture.

Among those that I want to move is a pair of vintage 14" Avedis Zildjian hi-hat cymbals. I believe that they're from the 60s but I'm not 100% certain, which I need to be. Please take a look at the first four pics that I've attached. Any and all information regarding this pair of hats that you'd like to offer would be greatly appreciated.

The final pic is of a stamp found on another 14" cymbal I'd like to move. Information regarding this one would also be gladly accepted.

As usual, thanks in advance for your time and your help.

Posted on 13 years ago

From OldSchool

Among those that I want to move is a pair of vintage 14" Avedis Zildjian hi-hat cymbals. I believe that they're from the 60s. The final pic is of a stamp found on another 14" cymbal I'd like to move.

The Ludwig Paiste 14" is most likely a hi-hat.

From RaBe's cymbal page: Description: OEM version of the Standard line and distributed by U.S. drum manufacturer Ludwig with their kits. Released: early 1960s. Alloy: NS12 (Nickel-Silver Alloy).

The Avedis Zildjian 14" hi-hat cymbals look nice and I agree 1960's hand hammered. I'm sure you know there's more than a few quotable Zildjian time line experts on this site. Confirmation pending.:2Cents:

BTW Moniker has nothing to do with my drumming!
Posted on 13 years ago

And the hats are 1960's.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here