Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

i need help deciding on another 3 ride cymbals

here is the sound file ,,,see which 1 2 or 3 sounds better to ya http://www.filedropper.com/dr000021

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Second one is out, IMHO. Too bright, too metallic, dead-sounding...not enough spread, not enough overtones. It has the best stick sound, but nothing else, really.

The first is in between the second and third. As a general purpose cymbal for a variety of musical genres, it's probably the best choice. It sounds nice. It's well-balanced.

The third one is the darkest of the three. Washy, a lot of spread to the low overtones. Sounds like a great Jazz ride but if you were using it with an amplified band it'd get lost...and the stick presence is the least of the three. I like it, it's dark and smoky, but it wouldn't stand up well to a loud band.

BTW....I think the only reason more folks haven't replied is because as you have it set up now...one has to actually downlaod the mp3 to their computer...as opposed to, say, just listening to it via their web browser.

I am curious to know what brands they are.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

1st is a 1960s 22inch zildjian a medium ride, 2nd is 20 inch zilidjian k custom dark ride, 3rd is 22in 1950s zildjian a medium thin( its the one i posted bout earlier

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Hmmmm - that K Custom surprises me - l thought they were better than that. Doesn't even have much complexity ! The other two - don't surprise me Both are classic-sounding rides guitar2[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here