Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

How to sell a cymbal!

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

I wonder if the seller even tried to listen how it sounded or didn't bother since it was not worth much?

That is one instance where doing a polish would not get any negative feedback.

Posted on 10 years ago

IN regards to the polish - that still is debatable even if it is 'just an old MIJ'. Some still indeed do still prefer patina on those old MIJs.

Myself, I prefer to clean them - not only even if it is 'just an old MIJ' - but indeed because it is 'just an old MIJ' - as I believe it improves the sound of them. I have a 22 inch Kingston, I cleaned it, and it looks and sounds great IMHO. Mine has alot more hammering, but this one could sound good as well. People just need to keep in mind what it is - no, not a top quality cymbal with high grade metal composition, but indeed sometimes people really dig the sound of these.

I suspect the seller is not even a drummer as he even had to ask about value and someone had to tell him how this old cymbal is not worth that much anyway.

Since it is a 22 (not a 20) and since it is a Kingston - he might indeed get his $75 for it....and somebody will have some chain, chord, light fixture, bulb as a bonus!

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here