Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

History of this Agop cymbal.

Hi everyone, I just picked up a Agop 22" ride from someone on craigslist. This cymbal has no ink logos on it. It was listed as a anniversary, but I don't think it is because there is no anniversary logo stamped into the original logo that was stenciled on the cymbal. It's weight on this cymbal is 2268grams.

It just has a stamp stating that it is a agop cymbal with two names above that which I believe are the two sons Arman and Sarkis Tomurcuk that split the company's back when the father passed away.

Can anyone shed some light on this cymbal and age, ect...? I really like the cymbal. I especially like the alloy that it was made of. It is similar to the old original 70's k that I bought brand new from guitar center for $90.00. Yes, $90.00!!, can you believe that? I will try to upload some photos here and one with the logo.

thanks,

martinbr

Posted on 10 years ago

I'm an Istanbul enthusiast myself and have some nice pre-split pies.

This looks like a 30th anniversary cymbal to me.

Here is some trademark registration of this particular stamp:

http://www.trademarkia.com/agop-handmade-in-turkey-sarkis--arman-tomurcuk-77740605.html

So, your logo appears for the first time in 2009

And from what I've heard, the sound is indeed a bit more darkish / complex, resembling intermediate weighed old K's.

Posted on 10 years ago

Yes, I have seen this page. And that is exactly the same logo. So this particular cymbal must have been one of the first models of the 30th anniversary that they made. Thanks for this. I'm keeping this cymbal. I was sick to sell my original 70's K Istanbul back in 2008 for $500.00. Now look what there going for. martinbr

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here