Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Hi-Hat Experiment

Today I purchased a 14 inch sizzle cymbal with 13 rivets at a fairly good price. From what I have read on this section of the Forum, Swiss made Supers are not top quality items (to say the least). That's okay. I just want to try something. My old Zildjean hi-hat cymbals are also 14 inch. I am hoping to get a different, almost 60ish sound by trying this sizzler as the top hi-hat cymbal. I'm sure the rivets will clear the bottom. If it doesn't work, I'll use it for an accent. All of our songs are original and some have an old 60's feel. Why not see what happens? Has anyone else any experience with this? As always, thank you, gentlemen.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 12 years ago

Hey why not right? That's the great thing about drums, you can be totally original and unique.

Posted on 12 years ago

Can you make a sound file? I'm curious to what it would sound like.

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 12 years ago

Hello, gentlemen!

Last night I got a chance to finally use my "sizzle cymbal hi-hat". I was very pleased! By playing near the rim, the rivets kicked in producing a trashy 60's feel that enhanced the sound of many of our songs. By striking nearer the bell, a more traditional sound was produced. I need to experiment more but, so far, even the bass player, who is a stickler for the down-beat was pleasantly surprised.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here