Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted in this section befoe now but I would like to ask a question If I may.

I was looking throught this forum on friday (I'm sure it was here) and came across a post that was helping someone date a cymbal they were asking about. The person who replied to the post gavae an explanation sas to the letters under the Zildjian logo. It went something like this :- e.g. ID = 1980, IE=1981, IF=1982...

I havae been looking for the post now for two days and can't seem to find it again, it's so frustrating.

Couuld someone please point me in the right direction to this information.. PLEASE.

I have chance to buy a set of Xildjian 14" New Beats and would like to try and approximate the year theyb were made.

Picture attatched.

[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj213/diddle001/newbeats-1.jpg[/IMG]

The logo reads :-

AVEDIS

ZILDIAN Co (line under the "o")

Genuine Turkish Cymbals

Made in USA

JE 38052-055

Do the letters JE roughly date the cymbal to a paticular year of manafacture?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

diddle001

Posted on 14 years ago

The Zildjians You Are Showing Are Not Very Old Less Than 10-8 Years Old, Contact Zildjian They Can Tell You The Exact Date, But I Sold Alot Of Those With That Serial Number From The Store Inventory Buyout That I Did 10 Years Ago, Hope This Helps, Mark

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I believe they only started laser-engraving the numbers in the mid-'90's...so at most, any cymbal with the numbers under the logo will only be about 10-15 years old now...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for your replies and information. Very much appreciated. I didn't buy them in the end, I'm looking for a pair of

60s/70s if the prices are ok.

Thanks again.

diddle001

Posted on 14 years ago

The Lazer Etching That Is Now Currently Applied By The Factory, Is Actually Not Considerd A Serial Number Any Longer But A Batch Number For Quality Control.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I'm a couple of months behind but if you're still interested, I believe the "JE" indicates the cymbal was made in 2004.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here