Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Help with Unknown Cymbal GRAND PIY?

Got this with a set I purchased recently. No clue what it is. Seems to be hand hammered. Extremely heavy for a 16". 1520g. Stamped on it GRAND PIY. Any help would be appreciated.

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Looks like Italian hammering to me. Similar to old the Ufip style in my opinion.

Posted on 13 years ago

just a guess it could be swiss i seen a few that looked the same under all kind's of , off make swiss brand's .

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

From drums2xs

just a guess it could be swiss i seen a few that looked the same under all kind's of , off make swiss brand's .

Like what Swiss off brands for example? ..................using non Paiste types only.

Posted on 13 years ago

From notroh73

Got this with a set I purchased recently. No clue what it is. Seems to be hand hammered. Extremely heavy for a 16". 1520g. Stamped on it GRAND PIY. Any help would be appreciated.

that little ****** of a bell on it and the nickel silver metal in it makes it look exactly like some 50's cymbals that I have , stamped Trixon and Roxy, although mine have no hammering. It would only take a few minutes to install those hammer marks with a trip hammer----they are primarily cosmetic. If the cymbal is rotated by hand while trip hammering, the effect is uneven ,so it can mimick hand hammering. The Trixons are an N.O.S. pair of marching cymbals(16") and the Roxy is a 17".They all have a very shallow small bell and fairly flat profile. I suspect mine to be early Meinl spun brass cymbals. They are all too heavy.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here