I had an opportunity to buy a snare drum which I could not identify. I did not purchase so I don't have a photo. It had been painted black and had no badge or makers mark. I could see through the bottom head . The drum was a quality drum. It was maple, I think, and had a reinforcment ring. The feature that stood out was the round strainer it had. It was circular with the throw off arm proturding. It was among what I think were some cheap looking Japanene Tamas but it didn't match the tamas. Any ideas on this?
Help with identificaiton of snare
Posted on 17 years ago
#1
Posts: 743
Threads: 53
Loading...
Nearly impossible to help you without pictures. If there was no badge, no name on the strainer, etc... then you can only assume it was in import.
Rogers used a round (clockface) strainer on some of their drums, but there were also japanese knock-off looking strainers that were *similar*.
If the drum were a Rogers, it would have said "Rogers" on the strainer.
Posted on 17 years ago
#2
- Share
- Report