Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Help with Hi-hat

Good day!

My original hi-hat functions well enough. However I'm thinking that I can improve on it's performance. First of all, notice the enlarged hole on my 15" hats. Both are similar. Can somebody tell me what size grommet would be needed to fit over the nylon mounting post? As far as the nylon (plastic?) post goes, where can I obtain a new one? It is pretty worn as you can see on the image.

Any other tricks or tips out there on how to improve the action of my 30 plus year old hardware?

Thanks!

2 attachments
Loud 70's Ludwig 24-13-14-16-18 Pro-Beat Stainless steel

u took felt off for pic correct as far as plastics any guitar center in drum dept look in box of repair parts find 1 that fits ur needs ,,no tricks just try angle screw till you like clash

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 13 years ago

Really? Never thought a modern music store would have a piece like this..huh.

Is it a common item that fits all makes?

Thanks for the tip.

It's not a standard part. you might get lucky and find one in a parts bin but you could probably spend a lot of $$ in gas money looking for one.

I see them on ebay from time to time. Ludwig's P/N was P2436T. Long discontinued.

[IMG]http://vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29087&stc=1&d=1306161686[/IMG]

Yours doen't look that worn to me. The top collar looks a little chewed up but that wouldn't affect the function.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Nice lookin set by the way. Is that stainless steel or chrome over wood?

Posted on 13 years ago

From thin shell

It's not a standard part. you might get lucky and find one in a parts bin but you could probably spend a lot of $$ in gas money looking for one.I see them on ebay from time to time. Ludwig's P/N was P2436T. Long discontinued. [IMG]http://vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29087&stc=1&d=1306161686[/IMG]Yours doen't look that worn to me. The top collar looks a little chewed up but that wouldn't affect the function.

Hey thanks.

I think you're right. I need to close up the holes a bit in order for the hats to align properly. That's my problem. I appreciate the exploded parts view.

From tillerva

Nice lookin set by the way. Is that stainless steel or chrome over wood?

Thanks for the good words!

Chrome over SS.

I have used just a piece of clear tubing when I can't find a p2436t.........

Get the same size as the one you would use on a 60's-70's Luddy cymbal stand at the top around the threads.

You can buy it for not much at all from a hardware store.......I usually get 5-10 feet at a time.............

It doesn't have the "lip" like the 2436t,but still works!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

From thin shell

It's not a standard part. you might get lucky and find one in a parts bin but you could probably spend a lot of $$ in gas money looking for one.I see them on ebay from time to time. Ludwig's P/N was P2436T. Long discontinued. [IMG]http://vintagedrumforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29087&stc=1&d=1306161686[/IMG]Yours doen't look that worn to me. The top collar looks a little chewed up but that wouldn't affect the function.

OK, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but, can someone tell me what that part #2462t is/does? It looks like a simple hose clamp, but in the catalog picture, it's positioned in the upper middle of the stand. My Hi-Hat stand appears to be the same model 1123, and someone who had the stand before me has that clamp positoned right at the top under the cup for the bottom hat. What does it do? And where does it really go?

Posted on 13 years ago

It is a hose clamp and acts as a memory lock.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here