Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Help with a vintage cymbal

Hi Guys and Gals and everyone inbetween :)

I have had this cymbal for at least 15 years and no idea where it came from. So i am opening up my own small drum shop here in Edinburgh (Scotland) and was wanting to put it up for sale but since i know nothing about it i have no idea about price :( any help is much appreciated :)

and NO i did not drill the holes in it but im guessing it was aftermarket :)

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/jamiegobangbang/DSC03605.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/jamiegobangbang/DSC03604.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 11 years ago

I'm aware of this trademark's existance because I already have one example of this one in my "other" trademarks archive, but I have no idea who made these.

Posted on 11 years ago

looks like a swiss cheese cymbal to me.

Posted on 11 years ago

The center hole grommet might indicate it was part of a marching cymbal set... Otherwise I got nothin'.

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 11 years ago

I think I've go it. That ornate device shown to the right of the star and crescent is an example of Persian calligraphy which combines artistic form with script. Also if you look at where the arrow is pointing you'll see the number "416":

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/kerope/Persian%20calligraphy.jpg[/img]

Therefore I'm forced to conclude that this cymbal can only be an extremely rare example of a "Persian Formula 416" .

Posted on 11 years ago

Daaaaaaaamn.............;)

Kevin
Posted on 11 years ago

Brilliant :) thank you guys especially DrumaholicClapping Happy2

so does that mean its worth more than £15 GBP? :)

Posted on 11 years ago

From thedrumvault

Brilliant :) thank you guys especially DrumaholicClapping Happy2so does that mean its worth more than £15 GBP? :)

No. Frankly it's only worth whatever anyone is willing to pay you for it. And that might just take a while.

Posted on 11 years ago

In the first pic., it looks like (top left corner) it toppled over from stand height and landed on that edge !! Too bad it got drilled and ruined !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

The cymbal looks like it is made of stamped brass and therefore the resulting work of a manufactory rather than a foundry. Probably geared towards school marching bands etc. and of mediocre quality and unfortunately mediocre worth. The grommet is a giveaway that it is a marching or band cymbal.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here