Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

HELP! Vintage Zildjian K Istanbul Ride AGE CHECK

Hi all,

I haven't been on the forums in a while.

I am looking at purchasing an old Zildjian K and have found one on eBay that is in my country (AUS).

The problem is the seller does not specify the age and weight of this 18" Zildjian K Istanbul Ride. It looks very much like some others I have seen, but would like some expert advice.

Please check this link (I cannot post pics). The seller has not posted a good picture of the stamp, but perhaps someone can recognize it.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130469326238&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_1142

Thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

That is a late 1930's Constantinople K. You should be aware that this will be a heavy cymbal. Its is an orphaned concert band/orchestral type.

Posted on 13 years ago

Personally, well I'm not going to go on another anti-ebay tangent. Suffice it to say, for a big ticket item like that, the seller should be expected to provide much better pictures than shown in that listing. "I don't have a good camera". Well, tell him to get one and give you some good pictures. The pictures of the stamp are a joke, and overall the quality of the four pictures is about 2 out of 10. There is no straight-away look at the hole either, which may or may not be relevant given Bill's diagnosis of that cymbal. Furthermore, selling a big ticket cymbal and "not knowing the weight" is completely unacceptable. If you are interested in seriously buying this cymbal, I would at the very least make the seller provide better pictures and the weight of the cymbal. That is a very "lazy" looking listing to me, someone who didn't put much effort into trying to sell a pretty expensive item and those traits could carry over to shipping, packing etc...... Of course I could be way wrong too.......

just my :2Cents:

toodles

drumhack Guitar Dude Man:Santa:Cooked EggWalking

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here