Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

help on old istanbul K

Today i purchased a vintage Tama superstar kit while i was looking over the kit i looked at the hi hat plates and i seen a standard set of sabian hi hat plates and did not think anything of it, so i told the guy sold and i will be right back with your cash when i got back to the guy house he had the kit all packed up and reday to go, so when i got home and got to the plates and did double check i seen the old k and said humm this could be interesting. I am asking for some help im just not sure how to date this 14" 875 gram old k, too bad about the nasty keyhole but much to my surprise the cymbal sounds great, i also wonder if this cymbal hold any real value due to the key hole.

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 10 years ago

That's a '57 era old stamp, type IVb. It still has value despite the mis-shapen bell hole. Orphaned 14" cymbals like that go for around $200.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thank you very much for the fast reply, it's nice to have guy's like you around.

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here