Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Help Identify Tosco by Sabians (B20)

So a friend of the family handed me some cymbals when I played drums some 8 years ago. Including these:

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/9ub5gj.jpg[/IMG]

As far as I can make out these are the only writing on the cymbals:

1. TOSCO with By Sabian underneath.

2. B20 By Sabian

3. Made in Italy (fading slightly)

Any ideas on how much would be a fair price to sell these for? And also just out of interest any info?

All the best.

Posted on 12 years ago

Tosco by Sabian (1982-85). (keep a close eye on ebay "completed listings" for actual selling prices. Take "Buy it now" asking prices w/ a grain of salt). They really don't command much interest, or $$.

Posted on 12 years ago

They are more of a player cymbal. The quality of production was very high ---they were apparently hand cast ,rolled and hammered----not rotocast. They can be very good--------undervalued, really.

Posted on 12 years ago

The cymbal pictured above IS, in fact, a rotocast cymbal. If you look at the area surrounding the hole, you can see an underlying "pinwheel" pattern. That is where the molten metal was poured into the centrifugal cymbal mold, and every rotocast cymbal (and I own a lot of them) has it. The reason you still see it is because the area around the hole doesn't get worked much, because the spinning chuck covers it.

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here