Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Help identify 12 1/4" vintage Zildjian A

Hey guys, first time posting here. I have an old Zildjian a cymbal that I need some help dating. I got it for basically nothing with a kit and hardware. It was an old Yamaha Power V Special-made in England at the Premier factory, and a rack and a couple stands, and this cymbal. The kit and hardware have since gone down the road, but I held on to the cymbal because it was interesting to me. It is a 12 1/4" Zildjian A. Hand hammered from the back side. Paper thin. It is double stamped, and has the small mount hole diameter. Also has a signature on the inside of the bell. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 14 years ago

Ouch !!! My neck !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Sorry about the sideways pic!

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Just kiddin' with you.

It's all good.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

That looks more like an autograph than a factory mark. hmm wonder who???

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Old old Avedis - pre-Trans-Stamp - probably late 1930's-early 1940's - worth about $200[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Old old Avedis - pre-Trans-Stamp - probably late 1930's-early 1940's - worth about $200[/COLOR]

Is part of that ID the tall bell ?

I'm trying to learn how to ID by conformity in addition to the stamps.

Thanks Jaye

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks Jaye, I was kinda thinking it was pre trans stamp from what info I could gather. Wasn't really sure though. BTW, it weighs 422g. What do you think about the writing on the underside of the bell? Is that the individual cymbalsmith? Thanks again.

Posted on 14 years ago

Wasn't really sure though. BTW, it weighs 422g. What do you think about the writing on the underside of the bell? Is that the individual cymbalsmith?

No. They all say the same thing.

Avedis Zildjian & Sons.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks Drumaholic. Do you have any other thoughts on the cymbal? Age, rarity, value (not that I am looking to sell it, I'm not), or is Jaye pretty much right on, and has narrowed down the age as much as possible? How about the double stamp, does that make it more desirable or rare? Thanks again to Jaye and Drumaholic, this site is awesome!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here