Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

HELP Cymbal id and value

Hi all

New to the forum but sure somebody can give me info on an old K

It measures 14.75 inches and weighs 820 grammes it has no keyholing or dents or dings.

Thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

i'm gonna guess around $200.

you can always e-mail steve maxwell..

;)

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for such a quick reply but I was more interested in age etc

I get lost with all the various stamps despite trying to follow the threads here

Posted on 14 years ago

From GREZ

Hi all New to the forum but sure somebody can give me info on an old K It measures 14.75 inches and weighs 820 grammes it has no keyholing or dents or dings. Thanks

I'm no expert, but based on Drumaholics old scale, it looks to me like what he called a Type IIb old stamp from around 1949-1950. He has updated the scale in recent years but has not published it as far as I know. There were some changes to the timeline.

I based my opinion on the size of the star and its position within the crescent, the shape of the crescent, The large K, and the relative size and position of the components to each other. Drumaholic can give you a definitive opinion and value.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 14 years ago

From BosLover

I'm no expert, but based on Drumaholics old scale, it looks to me like what he called a Type IIb old stamp from around 1949-1950. He has updated the scale in recent years but has not published it as far as I know. There were some changes to the timeline. I based my opinion on the size of the star and its position within the crescent, the shape of the crescent, The large K, and the relative size and position of the components to each other. Drumaholic can give you a definitive opinion and value.

That's all exactly correct.

This cymbal should be worth somewhere around $200 to $300.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks all nice to know the history of my favorite cymbal. Also relieved to know ( in a strange way) that the value is not high enough to make me wary of using and enjoying it

Thanks again

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here