Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Heavy oxidation on 1960s Zildjian Avedis

I have tried Buckaroo Cymbal Cleaner to clean these but didn't work. A drum expert told me NOT to use brasso. Any other suggestions? The oxidation is very heavy.

http://i43.tinypic.com/10forpz.jpg

Posted on 15 years ago

Those are beyond repair. I'll take 'em off your hands for you - I'll even pay for shipping. No need to thank me, it's my pleasure.

Seriously, I don't know why cymbal cleaner wouldn't work for that. Maybe you didn't leave it on long enough. You could try vinegar or lemon juice made into a paste with flour - spread it on and let it sit for a while, wipe clean. Ketchup is purported to work, too. Maybe soap and water and a plastic scrubby? I've never tried Brasso for anything, buy I'm guessing it's too abrasive???

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?
Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah, you need a chemical strip cleaner if you want to get it shiny again. Groove Juice works, also Kaboom. Then you will need to put something protective on like carnuba wax or it will just oxidize again.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here