Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Heavy or light

A lot of older vintage hats were prettty heavy,i guess popular in the day,but i see a lot of guys picking up these older heavy hats lately..I tried some out and i think i like them all over again...YOU?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I like to have several sets of hats (and rides) at the ready. One day, I play medium 15's. The next day thin 14's. After that it's Medium 14's. MediumThin 14's. Thin 15's. It's all good. What feel do you want today? Swap the ride out also and cook. Great fun! I don't play heavy hats. When I say "heavy", I mean Sabian Metal hat heavy. They are just too clangy. I don't play heavy rock this year. The heaviest I play these days are more of a medium thin to medium. Sweet and loose.

Posted on 14 years ago

I like em thin and BIG. My mains are a pair of 16" k crashes and my stay at homes are an original old K 16" top and K Constantinople bottom, plus I have a pair of bliss thinish crashes I use sometimes too. I like hihates to be warm and musical and not to cut through, but to blend with the music...

-64 Ludwig Black Oyster Classic kit 22,13,16
-65 Leedy BDP 22,13,16
-65 Ludwig WMP Clubdate 20,12,14
-66 Ludwig Red sparkle Downbeat
-60's Gretsch RB Green Glass 22,13,16
Lots of cymbals, snares and orphans, old and newish
Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

I like to have several sets of hats (and rides) at the ready. One day, I play medium 15's. The next day thin 14's. After that it's Medium 14's. MediumThin 14's. Thin 15's. It's all good. What feel do you want today? Swap the ride out also and cook. Great fun! I don't play heavy hats. When I say "heavy", I mean Sabian Metal hat heavy. They are just too clangy. I don't play heavy rock this year. The heaviest I play these days are more of a medium thin to medium. Sweet and loose.

I am like my buddy mcjnic, i use different weight hats ,rides,and crashes, mostly paiste95% of the time. but i have those other cymbals what are they called oh yeah zildjians and sabians!!Car Driving2Laughing H

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Same here. Got several Paiste, Zildjian, and Sabian's. One of my Sabian sets are some of the sweeeetest I've every played. They are a set of proto's. Here's the thread. Unreal stuff.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Same here. Got several Paiste, Zildjian, and Sabian's. One of my Sabian sets are some of the sweeeetest I've every played. They are a set of proto's. Here's the thread. Unreal stuff.

So this was an early version of hhx???

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Nope. Just a man with a hammer. No pneumatic goofiness involved here.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Nope. Just a man with a hammer. No pneumatic goofiness involved here.

NO NO. michael i mean sound wise sorry bro! and while i got you, I truely IMO think sabian is far more innovative than zildjian, heck we could start another thread on this very subject!! sabian makes a damn good product!!

Posted on 14 years ago

Go to YouTube (ITeachThereforeIDrum) for one of the vids (Solo on my newly restored Vintage Ludwig Drum Kit) where these hats are played.

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Go to YouTube (ITeachThereforeIDrum) for one of the vids (Solo on my newly restored Vintage Ludwig Drum Kit) where these hats are played.

Cool beans michael, so which one is it the left or right cymbal??

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here