Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Hard to find info on this- any help?

[Attachment: 94999]- 20" ride, 18" crash 14" hats... Came new with my 1960 Ludwig "DOWNBEAT" kit.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Not much help, but here's another one..

Cheers

John

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?p=12273#post12273

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 8 years ago

Isn't that Meinl?

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks John-looks like the gentleman in the 2007 post had the same problem! Here we are 9 years later with no progress that I can find...thank you sir, appreciate your lead.

Sysl- Meinl was my first thought as well...theres another thread with 22' Meinl's Meteor ride described. But I think in the 2007 post above by John explains it-

"Here it is spelled with an "i", which is weird since the word is spelled with an "e" in german too. There doesn't appear to be any connection between this cymbal and Meinl, at least that I can find online."

and so it continues...

Posted on 8 years ago

When I saw the original post of the set-up, I was assuming Paiste cymbals, also being of German manufacturing. One comment is that the manufacturing in Germany mostly likely employed folks from Turkey or adjacent countries of the Middle East familiar with cymbal manufacturing. Two aspects of that could be misspelling because they are used to phonetic uses, but it would not have been that unusual for someone to trample on someone else's trademark using a very similar name, i.e., one letter different, or even to intentionally change the name a bit to sell into more than one market due to agreements not to supply, say, the Meteor name to too other vendors.

Whatever they are or you eventually find them to be, do you like the sound, or how do they compare to Zildjians and Paistes or that era?

Posted on 8 years ago

Hello Dan,

These are of VERY good quality! Well made, heavy, great response and long wash...

I know Zildjians and Paistes are the greats-no doubt, but to me-(not just because they are mine) for THAT era, they're comparable. Not cheapo's at all...

I've added a couple more pics of the hats.

I had leaned toward these being Paiste flavored, but I truly don't know. Didn't Paiste have a similar "shooting star" stamp???

Thanks for the info sir-

Posted on 8 years ago

Anyone check the Rosetta Stone yet....?

Kevin
Posted on 8 years ago

From kevins

Anyone check the Rosetta Stone yet....?

Not on it.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago

From chazthejazz

Hello Dan, These are of VERY good quality! Well made, heavy, great response and long wash...I know Zildjians and Paistes are the greats-no doubt, but to me-(not just because they are mine) for THAT era, they're comparable. Not cheapo's at all...I've added a couple more pics of the hats.I had leaned toward these being Paiste flavored, but I truly don't know. Didn't Paiste have a similar "shooting star" stamp??? Thanks for the info sir-

I noticed with your trademark the dot is missing and the R touches the tail on the star.

W Germany, I`m thinking sub`d out from Paiste to another drum maker maybe.....

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here