Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Green Cymbals ( update )

Many thanks for all the replies from my previous post. Amazing the different

opinions out there.

I think I have posting photos sorted out. I have three pictures but only one will upload at the moment. The photo is a sixties Avedis with the discoloration and the tape residue (taken with an I Phone) so I hope they are suitable.

My question again is can I restore the damage safely, and if they are Zildjian "A"

are they worth anything?

Regards.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Tape residue is easy to remove. Try Goo-Gone.

Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Olive"]Goo Gone is good stuff, indeed.

Now, the discoloration...you can get some Wright's Copper Cream and do a few runs over it with that. Remember not to rub it in too hard (and remember to wet the cymbal first) because it can abrade just a tad if too much elbow grease is used. let the cream sit there for a minute and let it do its work. then rinse off the cymbal and wash with a mild dishsoap or biodegradable detergent soap.

Also keep in mind that, along with the green coming off, it will take off some of the rest of the patina which may be on the cymbal. It usually takes 3-5 runs of the stuff to remove ALL patina....but it will take off some with each application.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Gray"]BTW...if you still have 'em all...the 20" is worth about $120-150, and the 16" is worth between $75-100, depending on the weights....except if they are riveted per your pics, knock off about $15-20 per cymbal.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Gray"]BTW...if you still have 'em all...the 20" is worth about $120-150, and the 16" is worth between $75-100, depending on the weights....except if they are riveted per your pics, knock off about $15-20 per cymbal.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Many thanks for that great info. I was interested in values just in case I come across more of them. I will keep my cymbals to enhance my 1967 Ludwig kit.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here