Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Good candidate for a sizzle?

I have an older(at least 20 years) 16" Zildjian heavy crash. I don't use it , its pretty loud but it has a nice sound as a ride when played lightly, similar to a flat top ride. Generally did they use rides for a sizzle? Is a 16" to small for a ride? Is it possible that this could be a ride? The sizzles that I have checked out all seemed pretty dark. Thanks

Posted on 16 years ago

I have a 15" K Zildjian that has rivets, and was intended to be a sizzle. It is also a heavy cymbal, and it sounds really cool to ride on lightly, so if you want to go that route, and its the sound YOU want, I say go for it!

Posted on 16 years ago

how many rivets are in your 15" ? And how far up from the edge are they positioned? Thanks

Posted on 16 years ago

There are ten holes for rivets, but only five of the rivets are in place, and the holes are 1" in from the edge.

Posted on 16 years ago

I never play it, I don't like it as a crash, somebody gave it to me and it's been sitting in my trap case forever. I think I'll go for it! Thanks for the reply

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here