Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

given gift of high hat cymbals,liik like a zildjian a,first letter is a z

cant read the others.looks like an old a cymbal,and they sound great,any ideas??

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Pics, pics ;)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From cooldaddy

cant read the others.looks like an old a cymbal,and they sound great,any ideas??

Zanchi

Zenjian

Zilco

Zeltian

Zildjivram

Zilciler

Posted on 15 years ago

i will try and clean them a little more and check again,i had no idea there were so many brands with a z other than zildjian???

Posted on 15 years ago

Instead of cleaning them, try using a j.e.w.lers loop or magnifying glass to read what's on there and then post it. Sometimes, if you want to sell them, cleaning them will devalue them....Food for thought....

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

From Drumaholic

ZanchiZenjianZilcoZeltianZildjivramZilciler

[COLOR="DarkRed"]&....Zircol.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

zanchi is the stamp on the cymbal

Posted on 15 years ago

From cooldaddy

zanchi is the stamp on the cymbal

Bingo.

And that's why I listed it first. Because I considered that one to be the most likely candidate.

Posted on 15 years ago

is that a good cymbal?? can you tell me anything about them???

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Zanchi, yes ? Not Zanki ?

Does it say "Vibra" anywhere on it, in script lettering (this would also be a stamp) ?

You can go to wikipedia and read the info there. I was the original author of that, although it has had some mods over time. I don't do wikipedia anymore since the ignorant wikignomes became little snot-nosed teenage fascists...

oops..sorry for digression.....

They are pretty good. I asked my Q above because, thru the '50's-60's Vibra was their cymbal...these were thin B20 alloys. They tended to be bright, sizzly, a bit trashy sounding. Decent crashes, cool sizzly hi-hats too, but their rides were just too craaaazy sounding to really make a good ride cymbal.

In the 70's the company changed teh spelling from Zanchi to Zanki, and their cymbals now resembled nice A's....the hammering and lathing changed. Then in the late '70's-early 80's they changed their production technique and invented Rotocasting...so their cymbals changed again.

They have their fans, they have their detractors. All in all, I find them to be solid cymbals....only the Vibra rides being their Achilles heel....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here