Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Funny Paiste 2002 story

I stopped by a pawn shop yesterday to see if they had any drums, cymbals, etc for sale. Behind the counter were the usual ZBT, ZXT and some low end Sabians. Hanging on the wall were two sets of older looking hi hats. The guy behind the counter came over and I asked to see both sets. As he carried over the first set, I noticed that they had sound edges. That's when I noticed they were older Paiste 2002's with sound edges! The price $29.99. As he brought over the other set, he started to tell me that the second set was in much nicer condition and only $10 more. They turned out to be a set of Camber hats. When I told them that I would take the Paiste set, he ran his hand along the sound edges and said "Man, someone really beat the s@#t out of these. They even bent the edges."

As I walked out the door with the Paiste's, I noticed the inventory tag said "Paiste cymbals 15 in. - relly bad condition". Oh if they only knew. I'll never complain about a set of 1977 set of Paiste 15" sound edge hi hats for 30 bucks.Excited

Posted on 13 years ago

From bigshawn

I stopped by a pawn shop yesterday to see if they had any drums, cymbals, etc for sale. Behind the counter were the usual ZBT, ZXT and some low end Sabians. Hanging on the wall were two sets of older looking hi hats. The guy behind the counter came over and I asked to see both sets. As he carried over the first set, I noticed that they had sound edges. That's when I noticed they were older Paiste 2002's with sound edges! The price $29.99. As he brought over the other set, he started to tell me that the second set was in much nicer condition and only $10 more. They turned out to be a set of Camber hats. When I told them that I would take the Paiste set, he ran his hand along the sound edges and said "Man, someone really beat the s@#t out of these. They even bent the edges." As I walked out the door with the Paiste's, I noticed the inventory tag said "Paiste cymbals 15 in. - relly bad condition". Oh if they only knew. I'll never complain about a set of 1977 set of Paiste 15" sound edge hi hats for 30 bucks.Excited

Good for you. Bad for the skillet-head pawn shop. They should know their merchandise.

Posted on 13 years ago

From bigshawn

I stopped by a pawn shop yesterday to see if they had any drums, cymbals, etc for sale. Behind the counter were the usual ZBT, ZXT and some low end Sabians. Hanging on the wall were two sets of older looking hi hats. The guy behind the counter came over and I asked to see both sets. As he carried over the first set, I noticed that they had sound edges. That's when I noticed they were older Paiste 2002's with sound edges! The price $29.99. As he brought over the other set, he started to tell me that the second set was in much nicer condition and only $10 more. They turned out to be a set of Camber hats. When I told them that I would take the Paiste set, he ran his hand along the sound edges and said "Man, someone really beat the s@#t out of these. They even bent the edges." As I walked out the door with the Paiste's, I noticed the inventory tag said "Paiste cymbals 15 in. - relly bad condition". Oh if they only knew. I'll never complain about a set of 1977 set of Paiste 15" sound edge hi hats for 30 bucks.Excited

I'll give you $60 for them; that way, you can tell everyone that you doubled your money on them! Laughing H

Posted on 13 years ago

Thats how I got my set of pre serial number 14" 602 hi hats for 40.00 bucks There was a little nick on the top hat .

Posted on 13 years ago

Brilliant!

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Sooo...where's this pawn shop, exactly ????[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago

Nice try Jaye, but I think I'll keep this one as my "secret spot" - especially after yesterdays visit where two of the clerks informed me that they don't understand why people pay money for things that make noise. Another one chimed in "I know, they're just pieces of metal."

They also told me that tomorrow they can discount some of the ones they have out - 2 Sabian AAX crashes and one Zildjian Custom A crash. He said they could do about $25 - 30 a each on them. Not what I really need, but for that price.....I just might get them.

Posted on 13 years ago

From bigshawn

...especially after yesterdays visit where two of the clerks informed me that they don't understand why people pay money for things that make noise. Another one chimed in "I know, they're just pieces of metal."They also told me that tomorrow they can discount some of the ones they have out - 2 Sabian AAX crashes and one Zildjian Custom A crash. He said they could do about $25 - 30 a each on them. Not what I really need, but for that price.....I just might get them.

HA! Yeah, just agree with them and grin. Excited

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

I once (about 8 years back) bought a 14" set of 602 hats for $25 at a pawn shop. I envy your find 70s 15" SE 2002 hats are about as nice sounding as they come.

Posted on 13 years ago

A friend found a 16" Turk K at a pawn shop some years back for $75 for me.

I grabbed 2 Trixon kits out of them .

One here in G.R. around 18 years ago, and one in East Lansing,Mich 23 years ago.

The one in Lansing had the egg shaped (Speedfire) BD and the reverse concert toms/Lionel Hampton FT! Like a purple sparkle finish.

A friend still has it I sold it to locally.

Thats about it.......usually,just loads 'o junk!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here