Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Funny craigslist cymbal story

So I just put an old cracked Sabian AAX dark crash on craigslist and sold it to a guy down the street from me. This cymbal was cracked pretty bad in a couple of spots, it had about 3 different 1 inch cracks from the edge. I asked the guy what he was gonna do with a cracked cymbal and he said.....

Well I'm sponsored by Sabian so I'll just ask my rep to put this cymbal on my list and then I'll send it in to get it replaced....

hah, makes me wish I had a cymbal deal...or any deal. I won't reveal this drummer's name or band since this could look bad for him, but his band has had a couple of big tunes...hopefully we can become better friends....maybe I'll try to crack more cymbals for him. hehe.

-Philip Ellis
www.makedrums.com
Check out my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter!
Posted on 14 years ago

When I was at the AZCO factory in the 70's I was told that of you returned a cracked cymbal they would give you a discount off of a replacement.

They swept up everything, all the debris from lathing and it was all recycled into new cymbals.

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes ,all The Companies Have Different Endorsment Levels, If Your Are A Top Level Pro You Get Free Equipment And Paid To Endorse Their Product, All The Way Down To Different Discount Levels For Thier Products, Bun E. Carlos Cheap Tricks Drummer Ludwig Endorser Would Always Order A Double Bass Drum Kit As His Deal Was He Got 0ne Free Kit A Year From Ludwig, His Take Was I Would End Up With Enough Drums To Make Another Kit Out Of The Extra Drums He Recieved From Ludwig, The Factory Knew He Was Doing This So Nothing Underhanded Here,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I sent a cracked cymbal into Sabian to get it replaced by the warranty... This is my first time doing this...Has anyone else done this? how long did it take you to get your cymbal back?

-Philip Ellis
www.makedrums.com
Check out my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here