Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Fully functional Zoomatic strainer

Hi vintage drummers!

I bought a really nice Slingerland (pre serial) Niles badge 14x5.5" artist snare about a year ago. I found out that the thread in the Zoomatic strainer was partially stripped, so I bought a replacement Zoomatic on Ebay. soon I found out that this one was ALSO stripped! CryBaby

I haven't even been able to play this beautiful snare properly because of the zoomatic issue.

I want the snare to be as original as possible, so I'm wondering if any of you has a FULLY functional Slingerland Zoomatic strainer, without ANY issues!

Please let me know if you have one!

Posted on 8 years ago

Seems as if I was the only guy who has a fully functional Zoomatic on his Slingy ;-)

But even in mint condition it has still a bit of an issue, since I have to keep the tension rather low. Tensioned properly, the wires tend to slap back to the bottom head when the strainer isn't engaged. At least when played at mid to high volume levels

If I can't solve the problem some day, I will for sure be happy to change the whole system. Then you may have the opportunity to buy one :-)

Posted on 8 years ago

Are you talking about the threads on the tuning shaft or the threads in the nut that goes through the shell?

-Mark

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here