Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ebay and the Economy

Is it really that bad of an economy or are good deals still avialable? I just picked up a pair of 14 inch "EAK" (Early American K) hi-hat cymbals for just over $200.00. A pair of them sold not even a few days earlier,by Wiloughcraft Percussion for $475.00. Not to mention a 70's Ludwig Piccolo snare (with Downbeat lugs) that sold for less than $230.00, that a few months ago sold for over $400.00? I didn't buy that one, but I have one that I'm in the middle of restoration. I see a lot of things sold that make me scratch my head, but a lot of stuff that sells for a lot less than it did...

I have sold some stuff and banked it in PayPal waiting for another good deal! I'm glad I have some money to play with, considering a lot of folks are tightening their belts.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

I totally agree, if you have the cash there are some great deals to be had. I was watching a dw kit with a radio king snare that went for 1100.00 bucks last week. On the downside, if they are selling for that cheap they must really need the dough!

Posted on 15 years ago

It's simply a sign of the times. I've stopped buying for now and I'm seriously considering selling some stuff. The deals out there right now are stunning, I just can't take advantage of them.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here