Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Early '70 Rogers kit w/o hardware

Hi,

I bought this nice rogers kit (Fullerton, power tone model) a few days ago. It has a 26" inch bass drum, 12" and 13" inch toms and a 16" floor tom. Everything looks ok and sounds ok. The paper labels are all there.

The sad part is, someone took off the original swivo hardware and replaced it with pearl hardware. Only the floor still has the hex legs and is all original. The tom mount on the bass drum is alltogether missing, and the toms both have a pearl suspension mounted. Bassdrum spurs are pearl as well.

I was wondering, is it wise to start scouring the internet for vintage Swivo hardware to restore this kit, or should I just leave it? And does anyone know a place where maybe I could just go and buy that hardware (in Europe)?

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got one that's the same, and after trying Swivo mounts, decided to keep it as is. The holes are there, and always will be, it's a gigging kit, and the Pearl pieces are sturdier and more reliable. No more bouncing and stripped screws. And I can mount the ride in the second tom hole! I did add a RIMS mount. Made a real difference in tone, even over the Swivo mount. One further option for you, is use a Yamaha tom post in the Pearl bass drum plate. It'll fit a Swivo plate on your tom. A kinda compromise solution. Not as ugly as the Pearl, but sturdier and partially Rogers. And after all, Yamaha does own the Rogers patents.......Bill

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here