Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

EAK from Zildjian Day in New York 1984

Hi guys,

First time post, new member.

Back in '84, I was working for a now defunct (aren't they all?) music store outside of NYC. We had a good relationship with Zildjian, so they were nice enough to hook us up with tickets, and let us do the backstage hang. They shipped in two large boxes of cymbals, all of which were hand picked by Lenny DiMuzio for the event.

After the show the Zildjian guys asked us if we wanted the stuff for our shop. Of course we said yes!!!

I volunteered to bring the stuff back to the shop, of course only after bringing both boxes home to pick through the picked through batch. Imagine my joy in playing dozens of fresh hand picked pies!

I finally settled on a K Zildjian 22" Ride picked for Tommy Campbell, definitely the best of the bunch. I still have it, nearly thirty years later. It is bone dry, with a beautiful click, and a wash that is very low, so the clarity is amazing. Nice bell, too. It's never been cleaned or modified in any way, and sounds amazing with a Firth 5AW. I'll never sell it. Pics to come. Yes Sir

Posted on 12 years ago

Sounds nice. How bout a video sample?

Fatchoppers
Tama
Ludwig
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here