Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

EAK Christmas - reloaded threat

Hi all!

A bit more than a year ago, i opened a thread discussing the possible buy of an 18" EAK Ride, which was at a local shop for 250 Euros.

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=25296

I didn't buy it then because of other costs coming in and the feeling of it being not as much of a good deal as I first thought.

Now... one year later I walk into the same store, finding that they will be closing down by the end of the year, having reduced all inventory in price. I instantly had a look around and what do you know: Eye Ball the cymbal was still there! After seeing the price I bought it straight away, and here it is:

Zildjian EAK 18" Ride, 1782g

great tone, and bought for 85,- Euros ($110,-)

Now that's a good deal i guess, and merry christmas to me!

Have a great Christmas everybody!!! x-mas3

Michael

2 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Shoot yeh that is a good deal! Congrats bud!

Posted on 11 years ago

you were meant to own that one. well done and congrats! now put it under the tree!

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

You've been a good boy this year ;)

Posted on 11 years ago

Cool! Good for you!

I've never seen a "Hollow Logo" type stamp on a K before. By "Hollow Logo", I mean just the model designation (with no size printed). Very cool!

Probably from the early 80's. I know that the "Hollow Logo" type stamp was gone by 1984, when they were all given a size and model designation on top. Somewhere around 1987 or 1988, they started putting the Zildjian wordmark instead of the large K logo on the underside of the cymbal.

Great find..........have fun with it!

Posted on 11 years ago

I THINK he grabbed a Prototype!

I had a very thin NOS 17" China that was stamped around the same way........not much on it..No China Low/High etc..

Didn't have the size on it either.....it was one of the best Chinas I have ever heard!

Neil Finn of Crowded House fame bought it from me,and it's in Auckland, New Zealand now in one his recording studios at Roundhead Studios.

I'm pretty sure he used it in the Pajama Club song "Tell Me What You Want".

You hear it at either the 20 or 30 second mark..can't remember which...

There is a video on YT of the song.

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago

hey guys. thanks for the replies. I'm back online after a lot of (I am talking mountains of) food and being social with family and friends - love it!

I hope you had a good Christmas as well everybody!

I was actually wondering why the cymbal has no size stamp printed on. "blairndrums" so you think this is a very early or prototype model? Also: i have seen quite a few EAKs on eBay and other places where the "model name" is stamped the other way around, not "in line" with the "K". Anybody knowing anything about that?

What really amazes me are the BIIIG hammering marks...

Also i love the way the cymbal is lathed a bit more "rough" on the bottom and very fine on top. I hope i get the time to make a video soon to upload...

Michael

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here