Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

E bay prices

I have been lurking on e bay, and I so confused as to how these vinatge cymbals are being priced. I saw two zildjian A vinatge crash cymbals, both were 16" thin, from the pics they looked identical. One had no bids priced at $9.99..the other had a buy it now for $175?????can someone tell me what is going on here??????????????????

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 16 years ago

Well.. sometimes it is just a different seller approach... the "buy it now" seller figures he's got to get $175 on it and he will be happy if he gets $175 for it.

The $9.99 guys is betting that in the last 10 minutes of the auction the thing will take off like a rocket with people hoping to get it for less than $175 sometimes a bidding war gets going and people bid it right past the buy it now auction for the very same thing.

The $9.99 guy is going to sell his cymbal, the $175 guy may end up holding it and paying listing fees without a sale.

That's just a guess at the strange and wacky world that is ebay....

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yeah...usually there's some pattern to market values...but oftentimes, not.

Generally a '60's or older Avedis will go for significantly more than a '70's or later (all hand-hammering on the standard Avedis lines stopped around then).

A mid-50's or earlier Avedis will fetch more than a late '60's (and shows more handmade qualities than a '60's)....and a late '40's-early '50's one (called a trans-stamp) can fetch quite a bit....deservedly, because those old, old hand-hammered A's are every bit as awesome as their old K cousins...

Then, the other thing to consider is that...there is no cymbal more ubiquitous than an old A. There are just so many of 'em, always available, that sometimes one here or there just goes for cheeep because it just happened to be listed during a slow week....

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here