Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Drumaholic, assistance please...

This looks like a 70's stamp, but the logo is small and deeply stamped, I'm stumped....

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/backbeatkeeper/zildjianhihat2.jpg[/IMG]

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

I'm no drumaholic, but my opinion is that because the word "Zildjian" isn't bolded compared to the rest of it, it is in fact a 70s stamp. Sometimes stamps are just deeper or shallower than others...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

My guess is late 50s. The lathing and deep stamp show the late 50s.

anyway, let's wait for experts coming.

Posted on 14 years ago

The lathing seems pretty uniform to me. Also, I don't see any still-visible signs of hammering like you do with a 50s Zildjian.

On second inspection, though, the word "Zildjian" DOES appear to be a little bolder than "Avedis" and "Genuine". Hmm...color me stumped!

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

Should mention this is a hi-hat cymbal, and the stamp matches in some ways, but other's it doesn't. I'm guessing a 70's (not thin) stamp....it's going up on ebay listed as 70's, if it changes, I'll make the change.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here