Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Drum mic recommendation

I was wondering if anyone has any opinion on the Shure PGDMK6 drum microphone kit. I know it's the lesser kit Shure offers, but I found it for $255 brand new (normally going for $399 online). It includes (3) PG56 snare/tom microphones, (1) PG52 kick drum mic, (2) PG81 instrument mics, (3) A50D drum mounts, (6) 15ft mic cables, and a carrying case.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

Posted on 18 years ago

Well, in my experiences with Shure mics you can't go wrong. The PG series is definately a durable and reliable microphone. I personally use the Beta series but it has been years of saving and looking for the right deal before I purchased those. Very expensive. I used the PG's for years prior and honestly, the only thing I have noticed between the two series is that the Beta's will allow you to apply more gain on the board before it feeds back and the Beta52 mic has a little more range as far as lows go. Other than that, I think you will be very pleased with those mics!! Yes Sir

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here