Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

drum cases

Hi has anyone ever tried to modify their drum cases ?

i've got a coffin style hardware case made of the hard plastic(le blonde) and want to make it shorter to fit in my car better. it will mean cutting it down and re shaping the ends ,has anyone ever folded this type of plastic before ? i was going to maybe warm it a little then fold round a wooden batton.

any tips welcome....

Posted on 15 years ago

Not likely to work like you hope. That stuff is heat formed. How about cutting in half and glueing together with an overlap? Strength will be an issue no matter what you do if you modify the existing case I think. Might be better to find another one that works for your needs.

Posted on 15 years ago

might try cutting it in half and re joining it.Then putting a new piece of ply board in the bottom to add strenght.

Posted on 15 years ago

Time for a bigger car. I cant see this project going well.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 15 years ago

If your looking to get a new trap case. I can highly recomend Protection Racket Case's.

Blonkins.

Posted on 15 years ago

job's complete.

took a little fiddling around but it's worked ,put new ply in the bottom,ply in the ends too to strenghen the handles up ,the plastic i just marked out new measurements and scored with a blunt screwdriver,and it folds a treat,pop rivets and washers to fix it all together!

suppose the test is my next outing when i'm using the stairs and the whole lot comes flying out of one end!...ha ha

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here