Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Drum Books

Any interest in a thread listing drum lesson books?

Would be nice to see what everyone is using with a short synopsis, review, opinion etc.

Cool or Lame

I have a couple of 'classics' I used way back when and would love to hear about what others are using.

DenS

Posted on 16 years ago

One of the first drum books I had to work through with my drum tutor was called "Advanced tecniques for the modern drummer".

This book was great for the hand foot co-ordination exercise's for jazz drumming.

Blonks.

Posted on 16 years ago

Let me continue:

Stick Control: I HATED this book back when. How many hours I spent beating on a rubber pad staring and cursing at this book. Kept me from having to do the dishes (Hee).

Now I kind of enjoy it in a sadistic kind of way. But now I have to do the dishes.

On th Beaten Path: Nice catch up book for me. been out of touch for too long. Some nice riffs and interesting reading.

DenS

Posted on 16 years ago

"Stick Controll" (great for every day calisthenics) and "Accents and Rebounds" by G.L. Stone. These are must have books.

"Advanced Techniques For the Modern Drummer" by Jim Chapin (great drumset independece studies)

"Musical Studies for the Intermediate Drummer" by Garwood Whaley (Fun sight reading first time through)

"Rockin' Bass Drum" by John Lombardo W/Charles Perry (The best first bass drum book out there)

"Latin Rhythms for Drums and Timbales" by Ted Reed (great first latin book)

"Rubank Elementary Method for Drums" by Paul Yoder (Good first book)

There are many more out there for drum set, tymp, latin percussion etc.

Jack

:)

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here