Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Deal of a life time

Bought these two cymbals used at a trade shop in 1970 for $70.00 total.

20" and 22" Avedis Zildjian

Not looking to sell them, I love playing them.

I would like to know what they are worth and a date if possible.

Both have keyholes but other than that they are really in good shape.

Obviously they are 60's

No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yes, they are '60's A's.

$125 for the 20, maybe $150-60 for the 22 (eBay prices, C'list much lower, like $80 and $120)...only because '60's A's are so ubiquitous these days.

I bet they are awesome. [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

That suprises me, I thought they would be worth more. But I am not upset because they are awsome and I love having two rides that I can go to that sound like they do. Maby you can help me out I am looking to complete my kit with more Avedis Zildjian's. Along with these two rides I have a 16" crash Avedis Zildjian I bought in the early 80's. and a 16" Ludwig Paiste Formula 602I bought in 1970. I want to add a 18" crash and something small 10 to 14".

On E-bay there is a 18" A Zildjian that I can bid for up to 15:50 today. It's at $79.00 now and looks really nice. The caption on the add reads..

GREAT CRASH/RIDE CYMBAL !* WEIGHS APPROX. 1700 gr. *OUTLINED 1970'S ZILDJIAN LOGO. Is this a good choice for a crash and how much would you bid?

No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I PM'ed you about the 18....let it go.

The "problem" is...there are SO MANY '60's A's out there....all due to them ramping up production due to the Ringo phenomenon....they really started crankin' 'em out starting mid-60's....

It's not a "problem" in that, if ever in doubt, a nice old vintage A is always available on the market for a great price. And they just WON'T fail you, ever. Just classic, well-made, great sounding cymbals.

Their quality continued well into the '70's, "hollow-ink-logo" versions, although production became more mechanized then.

But the market is also glutted with them....that's what keeps their resale value kinda low.

The 1950's ones...and earlier...those fetch more, because they are rarer and they came from a time when the Zildjian factory was smaller, demand not as great, and the artisans did more hand work on each individual cymbal.

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here