Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Deal Alert: Zildjian Amirs 1st gen HHs on CL with 10" A Cust Splash

This is a tip...........

all 3 cymbals for $70

http://charleston.craigslist.org/msg/2847287221.html

Buyer must be local though as the seller does NOT have Paypal.

He may be taking them down once he talks to his friend who owns them.....but maybe not????

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

Yeah, the "good" Amir's. The "Amir II's" were sold exclusively by Guitar Center if I'm not mistaken. And they were total crap (the II's that is). I remember taking a chance on an Amir II Rock Ride on ebay. I won it for cheap, and remember it sounding worse than a ZBT. At least with cheap "Rock Rides", you usually get plenty of ping and definition. This one was about as medium as a medium ride could get. It was so terrible, I listed it on ebay the same day I got it!

I always liked the Amir Power Hi Hats with the "bites" out of the bottom cymbal. Those were leftover from the Zildjian Impulse series, which were basically Zildjian's answer to Paiste RUDE's. It actually seems harder to find regular Amir Hi Hats and not the Power ones. As far as I know, the original Amir's were the first "Sheet Metal" cymbals to be marketed as "pro" level.

Posted on 12 years ago

I have a pair of the 1st generation Amir HHs. They are a great thinner lighter pair of HQ Zildjian Hats! I was thinking about selling them and keeping the early 70s As that I have on Ebay right now, but got them out, played them a bit, and remembered why I like them so much. I "stole" mine off of Ebay last summer for about $50 inc shipping. Still grinning from that one!

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here