Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

dayton era rogers pink strata for trade

I just got a dayton era pink strata holiday kit 22/13/16 that I would like to trade for some dayton or cleveland red onyx drums (beavertail lugs only).

these have some cosmetic challenges and I was planning on recovering them to match my red onyx 20/12/16 kit, but I know that pink strata is a rare color and thought that someone might want to have them as is, even if it it's not a 3 for 3. I'm flexible.

here are the details:

the chrome is good, there are no extra holes and the tags are in place on all the drums.

the 14x22 bass drum is in pretty good shape - the wrap has no cracks or problems, one of the hoops is missing and the claws and tension rods are missing, but I just bought 4 bow-tie and 4 T claws which I could include.

the 16x16 floor tom is missing the bottom rim and tension rods, but I can replace them with modern stuff if you like. the edges look pretty good but I haven't had the top head off yet. the wrap is cracked in 2 places but no chunks are missing. someone told me you can actually fix wrap by cutting out a piece taken off another drum.

the 9x13 is the most cosmetically challenged - it has a 4" chunk of the wrap missing and some cracks. the shell looks to be in good shape and both rims are present.

I would trade all 3 drums for a 22" and 13" red onyx in serviceable shape. or if you have 3 red onyx drums with similar issues as these, I'll make a 3 for 3 trade.

OR, if you have ANY red onyx in either 22, 13, 14x14, powertone or tower snare, I'm interested. let's talk and figure out a fair deal.

I already have red onyx in 20, 12, 16, so I don't need any of those sizes.

oh, no tower model (single center lug on the toms and bass drum). they wouldn't match my other kit.

if anyone's interested, send me a message and I'll make some photos or whatever else you need. I could also have them checked out by a really good drum maker/repair guy to verify that the shells don't have any issues.

thanks

gh

Posted on 11 years ago

Could you post some pics? Still searching for my first Rogers kit...

Thanks!

Aaron

Posted on 11 years ago

sure. the pics are here:

http://sgrecords.net/ftp/drum_stuff/pink%20strata%20kit/

I can make more specific shots if you're interested.. do you have a line on some red onyx??

Posted on 11 years ago

Sorry. No I don't.

Are you interested in trading for some recovered 70's Ludwig 3 ply drums?

Is the wrap falling off of that 13, or is it glued back on?

Best,

Aaron

Posted on 11 years ago

From fishaa

Sorry. No I don't.Are you interested in trading for some recovered 70's Ludwig 3 ply drums?Is the wrap falling off of that 13, or is it glued back on?Best,Aaron

hi aaron,

no the wrap isn't falling off that I can tell, it's got some cracks and a big chunk missing. it definitely needs repair - a patch, or complete rewrapping.

I don't think it's been reglued. the guy I bought them from said he hadn't done anything to the drums, and they don't look like anybody has given them any care in quite a long time!

oh and thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in ludwig drums.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here