Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Dallas/London President drums

Hi folks,

I have a 16 x 14 President Tom-Tom and a 20 x 15 Bass Drum both with white enamel. Also have a Carlton hi-hat cymbal pedal, a Carlton 3 speed pedal, a Carlton snare drum stand and floor cymbal stand. The items appear in an online example of a 1964 Dallas London cataloque. Would anybody be able to give me an idea of the value of these items? Not only $ but collector or vintage value?

Thank you

The Bandhttp://www.vintagedrumforum.com/images/smilies/band.gif

Posted on 15 years ago

Mike Ellis has a nice European time line and a few articles on the topic on the main web site.

The US market is not strong for these types of drums. There just is nt enough in the US for people to really want them.

So the bass $75 - $125. The tom $50 - $75 and I would need to see the hardware. (Estimate on the drums without seeing them)

Mike does check in once and awhile, so he might add his two cents. You can also find him by searching members and send him a PM

David

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Sienna"]With that said, there aren't a whole lotta these around in the US, so...although their market value may not be particularly high at the moment...I think that if you held onto 'em for a few more years, you would see a better return.

They are pretty quality-made drums, if my recollection is correct.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

thanks for the replies and information. I will try the link to see what happens.

The drums seem to to be well made. They have be knocked around a bit which I suppose is to be expected given their age. My ad to sell them has received replies from people heavily involved in the Edmonton music community, from university music/drum instructors to members of well known local music ensembles. I'm writing from a city in western Canada so I can assume the drums would be even less common here.

I suppose my ultimate goal is to find a home for these drums where they will be enjoyed perhaps even publicly. http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/images/smilies/theband.gif

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here