Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Cymbal ?

Just got a 12 in cymbal with disks rivited on it .They say Ludwig & Ludwig Chicago Ill. They are very uniform and look factory. I cant find a stamp on the cymbal itself . Any idea? thanks vic

Posted on 11 years ago

these are older. could be the Ludwig& Ludwig sizzle cymbal. I think they had 6 large discs/sizzlers. there is one shown in the 1940 Ludwig & Ludwig catalog.

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

There are 6 disks,it doesnt really sizzel not much sustain its more like a whit noise any idea of its value? thanks

Posted on 11 years ago

50 bucks maybe?

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

(Please post a photo of your "Sizzle " cymbal). Regardless of the name, these cymbals weren't meant to be played in the regular way, but came w/ a special notched stick that was run over the edge for a special effect sound. They do not give a cool sizzle voice, but more of a ratchet. (Check out the search, archived threads for more information & photos of the cymbal & stick), there have been several past threads on this unique instrument).

Posted on 11 years ago

I am not so good with the computer, I cant seem to find that information or photos of the cymbal. Any advice ? thanks

Posted on 11 years ago

Enter the following in the Search box : ludwig sizzle cymbal

look for the thread , " Ludwig 1920's-30's sizzle" .

Posted on 11 years ago
Posted on 11 years ago

Thank you that is exactly it Now to find the stick! thanks again Vic

Posted on 11 years ago

Your chances of ever finding the vintage sticks are very low. However, here is an example of a modern version. I got these at a handout at the Hollywood drum show a few years ago,..."RhythmSaw" by Johnny Rabb.

2 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here