Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Cymbal Prototypes

Dear Vintage Drum Forum Members.

Since some time now I'm workin with Meinl on some new Cymbal Ideas.

You can hear and see the outcome of our work-in-progress in the video below.

For now, all of these new cymbals are concept studies only. None of them is available anywhere yet.

Still, my question to you is what you think of the sounds and looks of these two ride cymbals.

I’m looking forward to your feedback.

Would be cool to get some Feedback about it and let me know what you think!

Best Regards,

Florian

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EryXOCFHkY[/ame]

Edit/Delete Message

Posted on 11 years ago

Very nice!

I esp like the way you get the Wah-Wah and Piano sounds out of them!Eye Ball

Did you model them after any brand/style? Turkish K's etc?

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago

I envy you, you could make a garbage can lid sound like special sauce.

Anyway;

These cymbals are sweet sounding, but could you compare with some louder dynamics to demonstrate their relative volume with stronger drum strokes.

Posted on 11 years ago

I wanted to create some real unique Jazzy sounding cymbals. of course of that they are not extremely loud. I wanted to have a varietey of diffferent frequencies that fits in modern and also in straight ahead jazz...

Posted on 11 years ago

In that case, I see your point.

My K con flat ride has no real volume, but it does sound smokey sweet, but expression is limited at lower volume. These protos sound even more expressive at this volume level, not quite smokey, but a dryer toke. I'm not good enough for that touch yet. Some day.

Posted on 11 years ago

Nice groove going on there!

I like the sound of the two-tone cymbal on the snare side. What size is that ride and what price point are you looking at if these prototypes ever get released???

Thanks!

Posted on 11 years ago

I like them both really hard to say which of the two are the stand out , I like the way you tuned the Sonor snare drum also !

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago

A Duo and a Raw ride. Not really unique but not bad examples. Why are you recreating cymbals made by other companies? Wouldn't it be better to find a new voice/design? That would get some serious attention.

Posted on 11 years ago

I liked them both,the crash on them really goes away quickly,but I relly liked the crash on the duo/left side one.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here