Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Cymbal Protection - Paiste Protector on B20

I have some brilliant finish B20s that I have just cleaned up. When cleaning my Paistes, I used Paiste Cymbal Protector on those (505) and so far have been very pleased at how well that has prevented tarnishing, fingerprints, and stick marks.

Has anyone ever used the Paiste Protector on B20s? Please specify brilliant of non-brilliant (though not sure that would matter).

I could just use Pledge, but would rather go with something that I know will work well and last as long as possible.

Besides, I can't find my Pledge!

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 11 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

I have some brilliant finish B20s that I have just cleaned up. When cleaning my Paistes, I used Paiste Cymbal Protector on those (505) and so far have been very pleased at how well that has prevented tarnishing, fingerprints, and stick marks. Has anyone ever used the Paiste Protector on B20s? Please specify brilliant of non-brilliant (though not sure that would matter). I could just use Pledge, but would rather go with something that I know will work well and last as long as possible. Besides, I can't find my Pledge!John

I've used it on blue label 602's. They have the standard finish with the Paiste wax coating. Worked fine. You can't damage the cymbal with it.

Maybe just try a small area underneath?

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 11 years ago

From troutstudio

I've used it on blue label 602's. They have the standard finish with the Paiste wax coating. Worked fine. You can't damage the cymbal with it.Maybe just try a small area underneath?

I used in on a couple of older A. Zildjians a couple of months ago. I had bought for use on a 2oo2 crash where I had cleaned some marked off with barkeepers Friend and it started rusting orange. After applying it on the 2oo2, it never rusted again. However, it's been a couple of months since I put them on a couple of traditional finish pies, as well as an early Cie logo cymbal, which were the first brilliants and I am noticing that I will still need to wipe them soon as they are darkening the same as cymbals that I didn't apply the protector on. My cymbals quickly get a brown film on them this time of the year in Florida more than any other, because the A/C doesn't run as often, which helps remove the humidity.

Posted on 11 years ago

I ended up finding my Pledge and used it on my B20. So far, so good.

At the same time, I would still like to hear more about anyone's experience with PP on their B20s. I really like the protecting feel that (my Paistes) have on them after application, and I would think it will do well to protect them. Time will help me.

I understand some people use car wax on them for the same purpose - please share (what brand/kind)!

Thanks for the responses thus far!

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 11 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

I ended up finding my Pledge and used it on my B20. So far, so good. At the same time, I would still like to hear more about anyone's experience with PP on their B20s. I really like the protecting feel that (my Paistes) have on them after application, and I would think it will do well to protect them. Time will help me. I understand some people use car wax on them for the same purpose - please share (what brand/kind)! Thanks for the responses thus far!John

All of those things might help to clean them. I've tried NuFinish. Not sure I would recommend it. It cleans the heavy grime off. I'm not so sure it really seals them.

I'm just not sure there is a product that will successfully keep your B20 pies from developing patina. The Sabian cleaner seems to be very good at maintaining a polished cymbal every few months.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here